We have some exciting news from the Dbh-biz.info Studio! The hosted their annual last week and we were one of the finalists. It was held at the fabulous Marriott Marquis in downtown Houston – aka the hotel with the Texas-shaped pool – built for the 2017 Super Bowl. At this full-blown Texas western themed event, the Dbh-biz.info team broke the Top 20 Best Places to Work in Houston for Small Businesses!
It is such an honor and I am so proud of our team. We’ve all worked hard to build a creative, inspiring work environment over this past 10 years. And this ranking, falling on our 10th year anniversary, is the icing on the cake!
This luncheon hosted 104 companies ranging from Small, Medium and Large scale.”Best Places to Work” recognizes companies in the Houston area with the most satisfied employees, ranking them based on a survey created by This detailed survey was sent out to the employees of each company to gather their feedback on five major categories:
- corporate culture
- worker retention
- attraction strategies
HBJ then compiled each of these scores and we were thrilled to be among those finalists!
Dbh-biz.info came in at small businesses in Houston, TX with a score of 95.694 out of 100! (It was a close call, coming down to decimal points between each company.)
Some of our top attributes are:
- Unlimited days off, it’s important to have a good balance of work and play.
- Creative work environment – we love our bright, modern and open office!
- Champagne Friday – Our weekly tradition where we toast the accomplishments of the week with a bubbly glass of Champagne (only the best for the Dbh-biz.info Team). Here we check in with each other and review the events of the week. We show a slideshow of images from the week – site visits, progress photos of projects, event photos, etc. The whole office attends!
- Creative blocks – Sometimes the design teams need to block out some time to refresh and recharge. The design team gathers to share new products they’ve seen in the latest magazines, social media, etc. to help trigger some new inspiration and see what is trending in design.
- Community involvement and attending social events such as our exciting work with .
- Holiday parties – Valentine’s, Halloween, Christmas, Rodeo Day, Thanksgiving, and Holiday (the biggest party of them all).
- Puppy Fridays – our team is welcome to bring their pups to work, typically on a Friday..but they are really welcomed anytime. We love with our Dbh-biz.info mascot, Cooper the Goldendoodle comes to visit.
- Employee of the month and employee of the quarter prizes were created to award hard work and help build workplace camaraderie. They are voted by fellow co-workers, who always have fun, kind things to say!
Top 20 is a great start and shows we are doing something right over here! Now that this bar has been set, we’ve got our eyes set to move up in the ranks at next year’s luncheon. But, most importantly, I love this team and becoming a “best place to work” would not be possible without them!
So, a big thank you to the fab Dbh-biz.info team. And Happy 10th-anniversary…cheers to 10 more!